Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Kansas City and Nauvoo

I'm originally from Kansas City, Mo and we just recently went out to my cousin's wedding which happened to be in Nauvoo. It is such an amazing and beautiful temple! We did all of the sites on the way back to Kansas City, where we visited with my extended family and attended the reception. It was Owen's first time on a plane and I was worried that he was going to be a wreck, but lucky we were prepared with Baby Einstein and he was a peach!



Just watching a demo on how to make bricks in Nauvoo!
There were a lot of turtles hanging out on logs in the Mississipi River. It was still a little too cold to see them crawling around in Kansas City.





The Famous window that Joseph Smith fell out of when he was shot at Carthage.






6 comments:

LeChem Fam said...

Al... What a fun trip! I'd was so fun to hear from you! Owen is getting so big- it makes me excited for when Mo gets that old. Anyway, we'll definitely go to lunch soon!

Lance and Becky said...

What a fun trip! The temple is sooo beautiful! Glad Owen did good on the plane...you never know! You guys are the handsomest little family! Love the turtles!

Callaway Family Fun said...

That looks like such a fun trip, cute pix!!

Lindsey said...

Alysen! Hi! Your blog is so cute. I found it through Jamie Johnson's. Your baby is such a doll and I love his hair. I never get to see you at the salon so it's fun to see what you're up to! I'm jealous of your trip back to Nauvoo!

Jamie said...

FUN! Trips are always fun. Its so nice to just get away and do something different! And It looks like you guys had Fun! I'm glad that Owen did good on the plane... Every time we fly I always fear that Ava will be one of those Screaming babies... But so far she has done really good.
I love all your pictures! I love Blogs that have a lot of Pictures cause most of the time I don't have time to read the novels that some people write!

And... I love your back ground on your Blog! Way Cute!

Tiffany Clay and London said...

HEY!!!! i have seen you in forever!! I just wanted to say hi. You're little boy is absolutely adorable. You guys look so great. I hope all is going great

tiff and clay